Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am wondering whether the late submission deduction policy on Canvas gradebook applies to the sync scores from MyLab assignments. If so, how does Canvas determine the submission time of the work?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All my assignments are locked and i am unable to do them but, i need to do them to make sure i am not kicked out of the class.@SonjaHamlin  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All my assignments are locked and i am unable to do them but, i need to do them to make sure i am not kicked out of the class.@SonjaHamlin  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,If I have a specific HTML Snippet that needs to be on every course Home Page in Canvas, is there a way to save it or create a 'Super Snippet' which can be reused instead of copying the code repeatedly? And if there is, how do you add it to the ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

0My best student earned a 10 on several quizzes but it recorded the number as a zero.  Other students had similar issues.  There is no due date. Others got the correct score.  I'm not sure what to do or why it happened.  I tried adding fudge points.....

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello! My semester just ended and two of my classes are missing from my courses (both current and past courses) lists. I didn’t drop the courses, and I still get push notifications on my iPad when I get any notifications, but I can’t view the courses...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My browser was okay before, but not it is saying it is out of date. I believe I just downloaded the newest version on Chrome, but I am still getting that pop-up message. Can you please help?Also, recently when trying to access Portage on my Android p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Fiquei meio confuso com a qualidade dos arquivos de mídia do canvas, eu li que ao fazermos o upload de um vídeo o canvas faz uma conversão do mesmo, e quando acesso o mesmo o player do canvas tem a o seletor quality usando kbps, ao pesquisar sobre kb...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 5 Canvas sections under a particular course #. I am working with a few people in each section, NOT all of them.How can I post information to these particular few? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All other students see the content but one student does not see that content under the assigned area.We have updated the Chromebook OS and still, we have the same problem.Any suggestions?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am trying to resolve an issue for one of our teachers. An entire Module disappeared first from her Sandbox course and some time later from her actual published course. Why would this happen? All the other Modules seem to be unaffected. I tried the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

One of our instructors uses a list of links to course files in each module.Many of these are .jpg or .png files, but he's created them as links to course files, not as image > display as text link. In the last three terms (since we started using Canv...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I contact students in a class I am teaching using the class list present on Canvas? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On your computer, open a presentation in Google Slides. At the left, click the slide you want to duplicate. If you want to duplicate multiple slides, hold the Shift key and click them now. Right-click and select Duplicate slide.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Several teachers have synced their grades to synergy from Canvas, and the grades on synergy are slightly off- resulting in some of the students getting a different letter grade than what is on Canvas. All of their settings are correct, and everything...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello there!When I go to the All Courses page for my account, I would like the ability to resize the table so I can see what the Term says.  Currently I cannot see what the Term says and it would make my life so much easier if I could actually read w...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I have Canvas send me email when my child's grade falls below designated threshold (I set that threshold) and have been getting those emails. But for some reason I can't set that up for my 2 younger kids. Where do I go to set this up? I'm not look...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am authenticating Canvas via Clever but my redirect Client ID parameter points back to the Canvas App instead of the Clever Client ID.How can I update the redirect parameter so that it points to the application in Clever for successful login?I have...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I assign a percentage value to an assignment after I record the grades on canvas? (e.g. midterm & final exams are worth 35% each toward course grade).  The instructions direct me to something called "options" but I don't see that on the Assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the instructor. As part of a quiz, I would like to have students record themselves. is this possible within canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

SpoilerSo recently I have been trying to access my Canvas account for school, and every time I load it, it shows up blank. I have tried turning off my computer and everything, what should I do?So recently I have been trying to access my Canvas accoun...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to completely remove assignments from Grade Sync view? They are assignments that have scored and unpublished from the previous quarter. (and in my current quarter)  I don't want to delete the assignment entirely as it has student score...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post PDFs so students can access readings?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made these assignments years ago using the stimulus feature. I have students telling me today that the pictures of worksheets with the questions are now tiny and they cannot blow them up. I have tried deleting and reinserting the images and that is...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be useful to be able to pull up a side by side list (compare) of say 2 student responses on quizzes rather than to have to flip between individual student quizzes to determine the extent (or non extent) of similar responses.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

This error code has come up while trying to sync grades from Canvas to Aspen (SIS):It`s not possible to update totalPoints, columnType, masterSchedule fields at GradebookColumnDefinition that has posted scores Any insight on what the issue is???

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas grades/gradebook, I have added Notes, but the comments I have added are not showing in the Notes column on the gradebook page. I can see the notes when I go into the individual student and when I download the CSV for the class group. 

• 1 Likes
  • 17 Replies

There are two issues with Canvas gradebook that mislead students in my courses.1. The "drop n lowest scores" drops scores at all times. Generally, later quizzes have lower scores, so this tends to overstate scores. [Why don't gradebooks have a "keep ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi life Builder,We are new to Canvas LMS, We are a new school serving the low income people of our community in Nigeria, We needed the help of a kind hearted developer who can help to deplored and setup the Free open source version of Canvas LMS to b...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies