What Are You Using for Accessibility Checking in Canvas?

Jump to solution
TraceyDeCicco
Community Explorer

We are transitioning to Canvas and my CIO wants to explore all accessibility tracking options. We know that Canvas has native functionality. Is anyone using something other than the Canvas Accessibiility Checking functionality?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

When I was a Canvas administrator in higher education, we used the UDOIT accessibility checker from the University of Central Florida (UCF).  UDOIT scans your entire course all at once and gives you a report of all accessibility issues that need to be addressed.  And, it allows you to make those corrections right within the UDOIT interface…rarely ever needing to make the edits on the page(s) that have issues.  In our case, we worked with our on-campus IT staff to install UDOIT in our own local servers.  However, there is also a cloud-based version available from Cidi Labs.  I’ll provide you with some links to each so that you can determine what might be best for you.

Hopefully, these links will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this…thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes