Canvas Catalog - Same Course Multiple Dates

Jump to solution
wcarpenter3
Community Novice

Is there a way set up a course with multiple sections to have a cell in catalog for each section? Example: PowerPoint 001, 002, 003. 001 has its own enrollment cell, 002 has its own enrollment, etc.

Thanks.

1 Solution
erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, William,

I saw your question had not yet been answered and my reply may be too late for you, but maybe it will still help in the future or for others who may view this question. I am not exactly sure what you are asking in your question so I will explain how sections work with Catalog. If you have separate sections created in Canvas, those sections appear in the Catalog listing (as shown in How does Canvas Catalog interact with my Canvas Account?, see the section about Canvas Course Section Dates).

As part of the listing, you can choose which section you want to use for student enrollments in Catalog. However, you can only select one section at a time for the listing. So you would first choose the first section, and when students enrolled in the course they would be part of that first section. If the first section were to fill up, or you want to start putting student enrollments in the second section, you can go back and edit the course listing in Catalog and choose the second section, which would then appear in the Catalog for students, and so on.

Hope that helps!

Erin

View solution in original post