Is the Register New Account workflow missing an email verification step?

Jump to solution
JustinMason
Community Explorer

Hi All, I'm a new Canvas admin and I recently went through the process of registering a new user account in Catalog. However, the process as I experienced it seemed to be missing an email verification step.

After enrolling in a course and entering my info on the "Create An Account" page, the workflow brought me to a "Ready to Begin" page with the "Go To Course" button highlighted (screenshot below). When I clicked Go To Course, it took me to our Canvas LMS's login page—but I didn't know my login info yet.

Untitled design.png

The issue: nowhere in the process was it communicated that I needed to check my email for verification and to set up my password. In that respect, what I saw differed from the process that's documented in this community post, which shows what appears to be a page or pop-up in the process informing the user of the confirmation email (screenshot below).

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 6.08.09 PM.png

It was a confusing workflow without that confirmation email notification! I was surprised that I couldn't find any posts about the issue in the community forums. That led me to wonder... is this just happening in our Canvas Catalog instance? Or could it be a brand new issue? At first I thought maybe my browser blocked the pop-up, but when I went through the process again I got the same result, and there appeared to be no blocked pop-ups.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can lend their insight!

1 Solution
jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

@JustinMason I would recommend submitting a support ticket if this issue is not resolved.

View solution in original post