Clarification Needed on Data Extraction from Canvas Data 2 API

HarshithaGP
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am developer working at Fivetran.
I am currently working on pulling data from Canvas using the API and have encountered some issues. According to the Canvas Data 2 API documentation, I need to specify a date from which to pull the data. However, if I set a date beyond 2022-10-15, I receive the following error:

"message": "The ‘since’ parameter in the request (2022-10-08T00:00:00Z) precedes the earliest data available (2022-10-28T21:04:02.145Z)."

I’ve noticed that this initial date varies across different tables, leading to some confusion about whether this is the starting date for data extraction. Specifically, I would like to clarify whether we can only retrieve data from previous years relative to the current date. (For example since two years of data relative to the current date, Next year if we call the API again, will this initial date is going to change or it will remain same) Is this something your source will work like this? OR Will this date be fixed forever?

Additionally, I see that Canvas Data 2 was introduced in 2023, but I am unsure how data will be available from 2022 if the service starts in 2023.

Could you please explain how this will work?

Thank you for your assistance!

0 Likes