Multiple assignments from the same LTI 1.3 app

Jump to solution
kreut
Community Explorer

Hi,

I've (finally!) been able to successfully perform my first grade passback using LTI 1.3.  However, for my particular use case, the app will consist of multiple assignments per course.  I thought that I could just create new assignments and each time I launched a new app it would have a different resource id so that the grade would be correctly passed back to the correct assignment in the gradebook. 

However, after creating several assignments as an instructor, I can see that the resource id doesn't change.  Does this mean that if an instructor wanted to create 30 assignments in a quarter using my app that the site admin would have to create 30 separate instances of the app, each going to the correct URL (i.e. each URL is specific to an assignment in my app)?

I'm thinking that I must be missing something very fundamental and hoping that someone can help me to understand how I can create a single app but have some identifier so that when the app is created multiple times within a course, that the associated grade gets passed back to the correct assignment.

Thanks so much!

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
RobDitto
Community Champion

@kreut, I'm not a developer, but I think you might want to take a look at the Assignment Selection placement type for LTI Advantage tools. This placement can interoperate with Assignment & Grade Services, the modern version of grade passback.

View solution in original post