REST - What are the Account include[]:services?

Jump to solution
kurt_faulknerlo
Community Novice

Using the optional include parameters for the REST "List accounts" endpoint, I've been able to return additional information for "lit_guid" and "registration_settings", but nothing seems to be returned when I use the "services" parameter.  I've made sure that the account I'm accessing with is an account manager, and I've tried using the root account and different sub-accounts.

The API simply states:  "services" returns services and whether they are enabled (requires account management permissions)

I'm guessing that my Canvas instance doesn't have any "services" that are referenced by this parameter.  What are the services that this parameter references?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColinMurtaugh
Community Champion

Hi Kurt --

When I add that include[]=services parameter to the accounts list API call for our instance, each account entry in the results list includes a map of services that looks like:

"services": {
"google_drive": true,
"google_docs_previews": true,
"skype": true,
"linked_in": true,
"twitter": true,
"delicious": true,
"diigo": false,
"avatars": true,
"analytics": true
}

Note that this only works if I make the API call as a user who is an administrator of the top-level account, and it only works on the list call, not on the individual account call. 

Hope this helps!

--Colin

View solution in original post