Suppress emails sent from Assignments using REST API

akshya
Community Explorer

Hi There, I recently had asked a question on here regarding the Assignments API and I've hit a new snag. Just to reiterate, the tool that I'm developing has the following workflow:

- Attendance is marked in a course for a session

- Students' Attendance Grades are calculated

- These grades are pushed to a custom Assignment made through the Assignments API

- This Assignment allows Canvas Gradebook to use our posted attendance points for the overall grade

As you can see, the tool would be posting new grades to the Assignment quite often. The problem I am facing is that each time I'm updating a user's score, they are receiving an email from Canvas.

I tried adding the parameter 'assignment[notify_of_update]=false' when I POST an Assignment, but this doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I also don't see any way of marking single submissions to not trigger emails, or anything along those lines. I tried to manually find the actual settings that might control assignment emails on Canvas, but I wasn't able to find anything.

Is there something I am missing, or is this something I wouldn't be able to suppress? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Labels (2)