Ability to change a users role without deleting the user

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote June 3rd, 2015 - September 2nd, 2015  Learn more about voting...

Currently, to change a users role on a course, the user has to be deleted and added back in.  This results in additional, unnecessary invitations to the course.  It would be great if we could simply change or add roles to the user without deleting.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through theCanvas Production Release Notes (2016-01-09)

People

Edit Enrollment Type

57 Comments
tom_gibbons
Community Contributor

Goodness, yes, please!

ejackson
Community Champion

Yes! Please! This is definitely needed!

kedgecomb
Community Champion

Yes, this is definitely needed!  It eliminates the delete and re-add.  Thanks for the opportunity to vote!

csalazar
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This is something I am researching with the engineering team. I will be happy to give an update to what I find out in a couple weeks.

csalazar
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I can see how this change would greatly improve workflows for admins. I am proposing this work be coupled with ​. The timeline on when these features will be delivered will depend on our upcoming prioritization meeting.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you Cosme!  We will archive this idea now that we know it is on your radar.  We look forward to updates when they are available.

Please follow and bookmark this idea to receive updates when they are available.  This idea will be archived until i is picked up again.  For more information on the Feature Idea Process take a look at How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

kansalak
Community Explorer

Yes ! this is definitely needed. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

​This idea is now in development!  Thank you for the investment you made in this idea and this Community!  We appreciate you!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

What?? That's AMAZING!!! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Awesome! :smileygrin: