[Admin Tools] Leave Admin Account Items in Sidebar

So in my daily duties as Canvas admin I have to search for courses and users over and over again from different locations within Canvas. It would be quite convenient if the 'Find a Course,' 'Find a User,' 'Add a New Course,' 'Add a New User,' and 'View Analytics' items that appear in the sidebar when you select an account were visible to admins in the sidebar at all times. Included is an image of the items I'm referring to. At minimum the first two "Find a ..." should be included but I see no reason not to just leave all 5 items visible in sidebar for admins.

37651_Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 11.24.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-17 at 11.24.39 AM.png

30 Comments
awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Author

FYI, for anyone who finds this, it looks like this has gone a different (and better) direction. Check out to follow the progress. Deactivated user​ I don't know if you want to do anything with this idea now that the other one is In Development and has a better solution based off the new UI. Thanks for the work on this and I am so excited to see what it looks like.

ChrisMedina
Community Participant

this would be good in the app too. 

huangdengpan
Community Member

This is a great idea.

Is there any progresses on this idea?

awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Author

Hey  @huangdengpan  Welcometo the Canvas Community! Yes, there has been some progress on this. It is currently under development and you can follow the progress at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1126-advanced-admin-search-sort" modifiedtitle="true" title="A...

huangdengpan
Community Member

Thank you very much ! I will follow the progress.

jfountain
Community Participant

I'm newer to the community and see this has been in development stage since 2015.  Is it still planned for change and if so, is there a current timeline?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @jfountain 

Thank you for posting to this thread.  Sorry this idea got a bit behind in the updates.  It was marked as 'in development' and then priorities changed, as well as designs.  Some work was done with https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1126-advanced-admin-search-sort" modifiedtitle="true" title="A....  Are you still seeking solutions to a use case that were not solved by the search and sort enhancements?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme