[Announcements] Bulk delay announcements

Problem statement:

I teach the same course each semester on Canvas and reuse announcements from semester to semester, changing only the due dates. There needs to be a way to bulk delay announcements instead of having to go through each announcement and delaying posting each semester (until I need the announcement at which point I select it and put in the new announcement date.)

Proposed solution:

I teach the same course each semester on Canvas and reuse announcements from semester to semester, changing only the due dates. There needs to be a way to bulk delay announcements instead of having to go through each announcement and delaying posting each semester (until I need the announcement at which point I select it and put in the new announcement date.) Please provide a way to "bulk delay" announcements!

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @udvardy -

Thank you for sharing your idea with the Instructure Community! I reviewed some already existing threads, and I wonder if [Announcements] Publish and Unpublish Announcements or [Announcements] Bulk Editing Options would allow you to accomplish your goal. If so, we will merge your request into the one of your choice.

In both cases, the idea is aligned with a theme and will be considered if the theme is Prioritized.

udvardy
Community Novice
Author

Hi – Thank you for your response.  I checked both the links you provided but they do NOT solve my problem.  There is a way to bulk delete announcements, but NOT to bulk postpone them.  Please provide a way to bulk POSTPONE or delay announcements.  Thank you, Monica Udvardy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

@udvardy, thanks for the response to Kristin's question.  We've added your suggestion to the following theme - Improved functionality for course announcements