[Assignments] Download Assignment Comments and Completed Rubrics

It would be nice to have an option to download everything related to a completed, graded assignment in one PDF: the annotated PDF of the submission, the "assignment comments" discussion, and the completed rubric with values.

Currently, within crocodo, we can "Download annotated PDF (includes comments)" and that's really helpful, but we have no way of downloading a record of the Assignment Comments and we have no way to download the rubric. (We've resorted to taking individual screen shots.)

This is important for accreditation - we need an archive of everything related to an assignment. Students need this for their e-portfolios, too.

This is related to a request in the old pre-2015 Zendesk request:

https://help.instructure.com/entries/22865834-Download-Speedgrader-Comments-with-Assignments which requested just that Assignment Comments be included. I would like to add Rubrics, too.

This idea was considered when developing our product plan for Q4 2019 and is not expected to influence development within Canvas at this time.

:smileyinfo: This idea will remain open for vote.

:smileyinfo: If this idea is in the top 10% by vote next cycle it will be reconsidered.

Read more about the feature idea process:

Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes

How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

Added to Theme

105 Comments
AnaCarrizales
Community Member
Problem statement:

Rubric exporting/printing

Proposed solution:

It would be great if canvas would allow a rubric to be exported to a word doc or pdf so that rubrics can be used in class, for record-keeping, or to provide students a copy. Currently, a rubric can not be printed directly from canvas, and it can not be downloaded. A screen picture does not solve the issue when the rubric is very long; take, for example, nursing programs during clinicals. I am a nursing instructor; our rubrics contain many objectives within multiple sections, and scores can range from 125 to 265 points. Canvas is highly beneficial; the problem is we need those documents to be filed for student records. It would be ideal to print/save a rubric once you grade it.

User role(s):

instructor

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @AnaCarrizales - I have one clarifying question for you! Would you like to print/export the empty rubric, or would you like the option to print/export the completed rubric per student? There are a few existing ideas that may align, and I want to make sure which use-case matches yours. Thanks!

AnaCarrizales
Community Member

Hello @ KristinL. I would like to print/export the completed rubric per student. Thank you 

rosenglicks
Community Member
Problem statement:

We are going through accreditation and must show completed rubrics from our Canvas courses. It does not seem to be possible to do on Canvas. I feel this is a major oversight in Canvas. I see how you can download comments, but not the full rubric with comments. Canvas, please figure this one out.

Proposed solution:

Allow a download for the completed rubric.

User role(s):

instructor

AmyAshton
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

Rubrics currently cannot be easily downloaded or printed as a PDF. Further, a screenshot does not show key data such as the date of completion, assessor name, etc. This means that for VET users, we must recreate a "rubric" outside of Canvas to meet our evidence requirements.

Proposed solution:

Enable download of a Rubric as a PDF with all relevant data: the date of completion, completed by (assessor name), student name, course name, plus checkbox results.

User role(s):

instructor