[Calendar] Change calendar entry for an assignment so that students do not see how many students have been assigned the assignment.

Problem statement:

(Allow me to thank user Hildi_Pardo for suggesting that I post this as an idea)

Assume I create an individual assignment--Let's call it "Homework One." I assign it for 4 students to do individually, due on April 1. (This is NOT a group assignment!) In the Canvas calendar on April 1, each student will see this exact wording, including the part in parentheses: "Homework One (4 students)"

1. Why is Canvas telling each student how many students I've assigned this homework to? They don't need to know that information. Perhaps I don't want them to know that information.
  2. The information "4 students" is confusing. More than one of my students has looked at the wording "4 students" and assumed that Homework One is a group assignment that 4 students have to do together.

My suggestion: Eliminate the "4 students" wording in the calendar entry. I was told by my school's IT that I cannot manually delete "4 students" myself in the calendar entry, so this will have to be a software change by Instructure.

Proposed solution:

Proposed solution: This requires some kind of software change, to eliminate the information about the number of students who were assigned the assignment from the calendar entry seen by students. Why? Students don't need to know that information, teachers might not want students to know that information, and the information is confusing to students.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,student,ta,designer