[Catalog] Allow Catalog admins to have access and management of Bulk Enrollment by any purchaser

Problem statement:

Currently, any user can be a purchaser for bulk enrollments. Unfortunately, we have use cases where the admin does the purchasing. And there's no functionality that allows multiple admins to see/manage a purchaser's bulk enrollment. Not only that, sharing the Bulk Enrollment information to a team using the Export CSV option is not helpful as it also does not display the students invited and the status of the invitation. Our university has a policy against shared accounts so we cannot suggest having an account they can share as a team.

Proposed solution:

Allow a Catalog/Subcatalog admin to be able to see bulk enrollments for their listings in their Catalog and have the same access as the bulk enroll purchaser. This functionality would allow admins to have more accessibility on on-going bulk enrollments, besides relying on the Analytics.

User role(s):

admin

Added to Theme

Bulk purchase improvements Theme Status: Identified

6 Comments
KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @rpsloan Thank you for the new idea!

I have one question: I understand that in this case admins would have access to see bulk purchases/enrollments by anyone (even not admins) - is there a need only for a view option in this case?

rpsloan
Community Participant
Author

Hi Kata! A view/read-only option would be helpful, but in the use case we've seen other team members would like to be provide a team of Catalog admins the ability to access, view, and manage the bulk purchase list besides one person. Or if there's a way for a bulk purchaser to invite someone else (whether a Catalog admin or another user) to view and/or manage their bulk enrollment list, that would be good too. Let me know if I need to provide more information!

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure

@rpsloan thank you for the further details! 

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

rpsloan
Community Participant
Author

@KataKeri would it count as an addition to this suggested idea/feature's proposed solution or should it be treated as a new/separate feature request to have this:

In the Orders tab under the Analytics page, the Bulk Purchase column should include info on who was the purchaser if it has 'Yes' for that user?

Rio

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure

@rpsloan Hi Rio,

Sorry for getting back to you this late - somehow I missed your question.
Please submit that as a separate idea, and I'll add it to the bulk purchase improvements theme!

Thank you,
Kata