[Catalog] Have Refunds Appear in Canvas Catalog Analytics

Hi everyone,

We would like the ability to have refunds appear in the Canvas Catalog Analytics tab for the purpose of accurate revenue. What I mean by this is just adding in the negative amounts of transactions into the right-hand column where the money is displayed. Here is how the analytics page currently looks like in Canvas Catalog:

279212_pastedImage_1.png

Here is how this information should appear which is being pulled from Authorize.net (notice how the amounts of $480 or $900 are not listed in the above graphic):279216_jessica-image-blurred.png

Added to Theme

Catalog Analytics Improvements Theme Status: Identified

15 Comments
cms_hickss
Community Contributor

@jsowalsk , could you put or provide what your new column headers are? Or, maybe I'm not seeing it... do you mean you just want a single column added to the first image that shows the information from the third column of the second image?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jsowalsk ‌, we have modified the second image to blur out the names that were displaying. If the numbers on these screenshots could also help someone identify individuals, would you please edit and replace the images?

jsowalsk
Community Champion

Hi cms_hickss‌. We have no new columns. We just want the refunds to be displayed in the right column in addition to the purchased courses.

jsowalsk
Community Champion

Sure.

jsowalsk
Community Champion

Just a note I wanted to add to this feature request is that we want to make sure the Reference ID (Catalog) and Transaction ID (Authorize.net) match when making a refund so an institution doesn't have to deal with an audit due to the wrong transaction being refunded. This is what happened to us recently.

univsys
Community Explorer

Eesh. This is my fear when we go live...

jsowalsk
Community Champion

What is your fear exactly,  @univsys ‌? Currently, only positive transitions appear in Catalog. You need to calculate all positive and negative transactions outside of Catalog.

univsys
Community Explorer

Having to audit all of the transactions and registrations because a mistake was made is my fear.

We're still trying to figure out how this is going to work with posting the revenue to the correct departments. Manual tracking and calculation of positive and negative transactions to reconcile, in my experience, leads to human error and headaches.

jsowalsk
Community Champion

Exactly buy that is how this feature idea got created.

jsowalsk
Community Champion

but* 

From having to do a lot of manual work in the backend to make sure transactions were accurate.