Clarity for Mastery Path Choices in Module

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Mastery Paths are such a great resource within Modules! Usually, I use a quiz (in an assignment category worth 0% of the total course grade) to have students "select a path" for their activities. I tried the choices option, built right into Mastery Paths, and I realized there is a very different experience for students using the mobile app.

When students are given a choice in Mastery Paths, students using Canvas Student are unable to see the details of each option. It would be helpful if students could preview the content they're selecting!

klundstrum_0-1618253741199.png

When accessing through a browser, students see the full details of the assignment(s) written in the RCE. 

klundstrum_1-1618253793944.png

I hope that this can be looked at or discussed, as we never know how or where students are accessing their learning! When teachers are relying on the automatic-differentiation to customize their students' experiences, this is important to know about. This is especially true since there's not an easy in-context opportunity to write a note that would nudge students towards a browser for this particular activity.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

jozsefdavid
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi all, 

Thank you for bringing up this topic. This is -of course- a valid scenario so I've created a ticket for the team and the fix will come soon. 

Regards,
Jozsef

jozsefdavid
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I have good news. 

This is fixed in iOS Student App v6.14.1.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

This was resolved with the release of Canvas Student 6.14.1.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed