[Course Navigation] Back button

When going back and grading late work, I always have to go back and forth from individual assignments to the main grade book, but with 100s of students and a lot of assignments, having to rescroll to the where I was last at in the grade book and down to the correct student take a long time.  It would be great if when I hit the "back" button, it went back to where I was.  

For instance, if one student hands in 6 late assignments, every time I grade one assignment, I have to go back to the top section of the grade book, find that student again, find that assignment again and it just takes a lot of time when you have to do that hundreds of times.  

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@dmccann 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader discussion, have you considered entering these grades through SpeedGrader instead of via the Gradebook? It might be quicker than the scenario you've described, and clicking on the late submissions from the To Do list would launch the appropriate SpeedGrader page for each late submission.

If the goal is to grade submissions to different assignments for one student, here's a long-standing related idea you might want to support: Ability to move through all assignments for one st... - Canvas Community 

CraigBC
Community Novice

@dmccann  I appreciate your inquiry...

I have a similar request, although not necessarily for grading.  When moving around to set up modules and get the course structure set up, I would like to be able to back up to where i was in the prior window. 

Example:  I am working on a module that is far down the screen from the top.  I click to check out something in that module.  After reviewing / editing it, the only way to get back to the module is to click MODULE from the left hand options, which takes me to the top of the module screen, where I have to scroll down to the module I was working on. 

I use a MacBook Air, Catalina 10.15.7 and usually work in Firefox.  Sometimes, I can successfully use the back button on my browser.  But it isn't always effective.  Any chance for a "back button" within Canvas?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme