[Credentials/Badges] Please fix the new version of Badgr's Leaderboard to omit inactive students

Problem statement:

In the "Legacy" version of Badgr, when a student was dropped from my Canvas class, they also disappeared from the Leaderboard. At our school, a dropped student only becomes "inactive" but remains on the roster. Because the new version of Badgr pulls the students from the roster, "inactive" students remain on the Leaderboard, even if they were dropped before the class started. To be frank, we have been arguing for a filter to be able to hide inactive students on our rosters, as the rosters can become quite cumbersome as the semester wears on, but that is in a separate idea conversation.

Proposed solution:

Please eliminate "inactive" students from the Leaderboard in the new version of Badger LTI, just as they were eliminated in the Legacy version. When students view the roster on the People page of Canvas, the "inactive" students do not show for them, and they are confused as to why there are, for example, 25 students on the Badgr Leaderboard (several with no badges) and only 19 in the class. It would also neaten up the Leaderboard for teachers.

User role(s):

instructor,student

Added to Theme

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

DimitriDF
Community Member

I have not yet used Badgr, but I want to, and I've been reading up about how others use it. I agree that inactive students should not appear on the leader board. Not only would this be good for neatening the leader board for teachers, it would also be good for the students who are inactive. From the perspective of a student who has dropped or withdrawn from a class, I imagine that it doesn't feel good to be permanently part of the class on the leader board.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme