[Credentials/Badges] Resetting Badgr Options

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Credentials & Badges

Problem statement:

When setting up a badge in Badgr, I was offered the choice to aware the badge manually myself or to have it set out automatically upon completing the set requirement. I chose the automatic awarding option, but then had some second thoughts and considered changing it to the other option. However, I found I couldn't do so without deleting the badge entirely and then recreating it with the other option.

Proposed solution:

The option to switch back and forth between automatic awarding and manual rewarding should be implemented. This is something that should be worked on within Badgr to streamline the process and allow for greater control in the hands of admin and faculty. While deleting and recreating is not hard, it is frustrating to think that this setting is a one-time-only option and cannot be changed without redoing something entirely. Changing this would allow for more freedom and less issues with deleting and recreating a badge, especially if it must be done after the rewarding process.

User role(s):

admin,instructor

Added to Theme

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Badges/Credentials Release Notes (2023-07-26)