[Discussions] Discussion Notification for my own post

Problem statement:

There is a notification setting for "Announcement Created By You" so that a teacher receives an email notification of their own announcement. There is NOT a notification setting so that a teacher receives an email notification of their own discussion post/entry.

Proposed solution:

Add a "Post Created By You" notification setting so that a teacher has the option to receive an email notification of their own announcement. This would allow teachers to create a repository and history of their discussion posts from which to draw for future courses and/or writing projects.

User role(s):

instructor,ta

Added to Theme

5 Comments
canvas_admin
Community Champion
Author

Here's a screenshot to help see about what I am talking. The new option could be added under the "Discussions" sub-section. 

discussion post by you.png

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

janderson5
Community Member

I would love to see this setting/feature added. It would be enormously useful to have an email copy of my discussion posts (as I do with my announcements) since it would allow me to have a personal searchable email archive of all my interactions with students. Among other things, this would save me time when answering common student questions about lecture material or readings (i.e., I could copy/adapt text from previous answers rather than reinventing the wheel every time).

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme