[Gradebook] Enhanced Gradebook Filter Feature Enforcement - Back behind Feature options

Problem statement:

I would prefer to have the 'Enhanced Gradebook Filter Feature Enforcement' behind the Feature options, so that I can select for which account I want to enable these new filter options. Teachers have complained that they prefer the old filters.

Proposed solution:

Make it configurable to use the new or the old filters in the Gradebook.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,ta

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Hi @PaulvanEmden -

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community. I spoke with Instructure's Product Team regarding this request, and they decided to decline this idea. The Enhanced Gradebook Filters will not return to a feature option. While this is likely not the update that you would have preferred to receive, we hope that our openness is valuable. 

PaulvanEmden
Community Member
Author

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for your reply!

Kind regards,

Paul

bontomasin
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

Prior to the new gradebook update, teachers could select an interface and it would be the same interface whence they returned to their gradebook. This year, teachers need to reset their interface each time they return. For example, if I wish to look at my grades Newest to Oldest, I have to choose this each time. In addition, teachers who cross list courses must select each course section individually from the drop down menu on the left. This is a multi-click process for each class, each time. Last year, we selected the options and had a simple drop down on the right to select the section we were working on.

Proposed solution:

Please return the simple drop down option for selecting courses you have cross listed. Also, once the teacher changes the setting of the gradebook view, that should remain that way unless they change it. Canvas is an amazing tool but teachers are overwhelmed and it takes very little to have them completely abandon an excellent tool. This is a daily battle we face as admins and teachers need help not more challenges and steps.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,observer