I can not import grades to "the Override" column using csv file.

I can not import grades to "the Override" column using csv file. Please add this option.

Best,

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2021-02-20) 

10 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

stumkor
Community Member

The reason to override grades is to make the final grading process easier. However, it will be not easy if I need to key in all the grades. I can do that in PeopleSoft anyway. I need to transfer my excel column to the system after modification. 

NT2
Community Member

Please, please add this option! I have 400 students and I do not use a standard grading rubric. Because I could not import something to this column, I had to manually enter 400 grades into PeopleSoft!

mnc
Community Member

Oh my goodness, why can't we import into the override column? Like others, I now need to spend hours inputting hundreds of grades one by one!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The Gradebook importer recognizes and can apply changes for override scores. This change allows instructors to modify override scores via Gradebook CSV import.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2021-02-20) - Canvas Community .

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The Gradebook importer recognizes and can apply changes for override scores. This change allows instructors to modify override scores via Gradebook CSV import.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2021-02-20).

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed