Instructor override of missing submission badge

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

If a student emails an assignment rather than submitting through the assignment tab in Canvas, the missing submission badge appears. Once the instructor manually enters a grade for this assignment in the gradebook, Canvas should eliminate this badge from student notification.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13886 .

20 Comments
laurakgibbs
Community Champion

I have prepared a general feature idea to put the Missing label feature back into Beta for now; this Idea page also has all the 5 feature requests related to the Missing label that you can read and vote on.

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9693-roll-missing-label-in-gradebook-back-to-beta 

If you know of feature requests besides those five, let me know! Thank you! 🙂

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is relative to the Priority: Gradebook Enhancements

There were also recent updates to how the current missing/late feature exists.  For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-09-25) .

dbrooks1
Community Novice

Yay, so I'll have that option next semester? Does my admin need to specifically request it?

For now, the online submissions are being sent on email or attached to comments so that those with paper submissions don't get marked "missing."

thank you.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Deborah.

Sorry for the premature update.  The actual change in function isn't being implemented yet, but the missing/late pills are being reverted back to how they used to function.  You should see this change with the coming production release.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-12-18) 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2018-01-06) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

jannunziata Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as, laurakgibbs Thank You ,  @thompsli  Thank You &  @dbrooks1  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

kimberly_smith1
Community Participant

While some of these concerns have technically been addressed in the New Gradebook, the red "Missing" and "Late" labels can currently only be removed on a "student-by-student per assignment" basis. If interested, there is a related feature request open for voting:https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10605-a-global-option-to-enabledisable-missing-and-late-status... 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed