[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Canvas android app available for Windows 11

I'd like to see the Canvas apps (Canvas student, teacher and parent) available on Windows 11.  

I believe the android apps available for windows 11 are only available from the Amazon App Store.  Could the Canvas apps please be added to the Amazon App Store so that they are available for download on Windows 11.

Personally, I'd like to be able to annotate over student work in the teacher app.  Despite the improvements in the website, the app experience is still better.

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

I love learning things in the Community! I didn't think about installing Android apps on a Windows device, even though it's common with Chromebooks. After a little research, I found that this functionality is on its way for Windows 11 users, but it may be a bit yet.

Android apps are coming to Windows 11, but not in October. What to know - CNET

I am unsure about the addition to Canvas Student, Canvas Teacher, and Canvas Parent to the Amazon App Store. It's a great question!

petern
Community Contributor

Thanks for your comment @KristinL.  From the article you shared:

"When it's ready, Microsoft will be bringing all the Android apps on Amazon's Appstore to its Store."

If we put the canvas apps in the Amazon Appstore, they would appear in the Windows 11 Store too.

wayne_kim
Community Member

I know that we have an iOS app for Canvas - and I also know that this is super great for using Speedgrader. 

However, using Canvas web & to use Speedgrader there is really really painful and inconvenient. 
(e.g., the box it creates when we write something, pointer tip not in sync with my annotation when I am using a tablet, etc)

People who use Windows-based tablets (like Wacom) desperately need a Windows app for Canvas!  Whether it is something we can install directly from the Microsoft App or something we download and install on our computer manually; we need something!!

I love Speedgrade - its functions are awesome, and I want to use it.  However, right now on web-based Canvas, it is simply not practical. 

Thanks!

Jeff_F
Community Champion

IMHO -

This sounds like a niche request that would not have a large ROI in terms of actual users.  There are many much more important features to be spending R&D time and funding on. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

jozsefdavid
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Running the apps on Windows 11 is not in our strategy at the moment.