[Modules] Selecting and Moving Multiple Items in Modules

I am working on a new semester in Canvas. I have moved over my old content from Blackboard. I am now trying to organize items a bit better into modules. It would be wonderful if there was a way to select multiple items in the modules sections and move them all at once to a new or different module. Thanks!

Added to Theme

Simplify bulk course tasks Theme Status: Identified

68 Comments
supposenot
Community Member

Agreed! I should be able to select and reassign multiple items to new locations, modules, or assignment categories.

GeoffreyWheeler
Community Participant

I'm about to move over 150 items one by one. We need this.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KatrinaHunt
Community Member
Problem statement:

Please allow us to click on multiple items in a module to move to another module all at one time, when we click on the three dots to move items.

Proposed solution:

It is extremely time consuming to choose 1 item at a time when several items needs to be shifted to another module. Why is this not a thing yet? Please!

User role(s):

admin,instructor

richard_epps
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

I would like to suggest that within the Canvas modules you either create a "global edit" Tab at the top of the module that when selected will create select/tick boxes on the left side of each item in the modules which would allow us to select multiple items to copy, move, delete, indent, undo, etc. OR, you could just place the boxes permanently next to all items in the modules to accomplish the same.

Proposed solution:

It is very time-consuming to edit, remove, or copy items one by one when it could be done simply by selecting/ ticking the appropriate box (es) and executing one edit. This could also be very useful when copying items from one course module to a different course module. Thanks!

User role(s):

instructor

MaggieLaPlante1
Community Member
Problem statement:

When I add multiple new assignments to an existing module, they all add at the bottom. It is quite cumbersome to scroll down to the bottom, pick up the new assignment/page, drag it to its correct location for multiple assignments. I would like to be able to drag several assignments up at once.

Proposed solution:

I would like to be able to "control and select" multiple items (or similar action) and move many items at once within a module or to another module. This would make is much less time-consuming to move multiple objects.

User role(s):

instructor