[New Quizzes] Ability to copy entire item banks

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Item banks in New Quizzes have a lot of better features for me than the old Question Groups. And I love being able to share those banks with a colleague. But, right now, if that colleague wants to copy them to be able to make their own adjustments to the questions, they have to copy each question individually. This is a tedious process and also opens up multiple opportunities for a slight mis-click and for a question to be basically "taken" instead of "copied". The ability to copy an entire bank all at once would be a huge time saver and security measure against the bank being changed by another staff member.

44 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

jalexander6
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

Yes, this has been mentioned before (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Ideas/New-Quizzes-Ability-to-copy-entire-item-banks/idi-p/...), but for some unbelievable reason, nothing seems to have happened in the 3 years since this idea was mentioned. This was mentioned in 2020. What happened to responsiveness? We need the ability to copy or move multiple questions simultaneously between Item Banks in New Quizzes. I cannot overemphasize the importance of this, and I find it astounding this capability has not yet been added to New Quizzes. I rarely question the competence of Instructure's personnel, but this glaring oversight demands an exception. I will also contact our account representatives with this idea. Again, this is inexcusable.

Proposed solution:

Fix. It. Why: Instructors need the ability to either copy/move multiple questions simultaneously between item banks. Instructors also need the ability to attach multiple item banks to a single quiz.

User role(s):

admin,instructor

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
  Comments from Instructure

This feature is available in Beta. For more information, please read through the @

Canvas Release Notes (2023-11-18) 

How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2023-11-18)