[New Quizzes] Activity Log

On the old quiz format, if you went to a student's activity log during or after the quiz, you can see when the student "exited" or clicked out of the quiz. This was a very useful feature to keep students honest. The new quiz format does not indicate this if a student clicks away from the quiz while taking it. It is possible to add that back to the new quiz format?

45 Comments
ashlib
Community Member

I also wonder if it would be possible to keep this option for New Quizzes.

Harvard25
Community Member

Many of the features of New Quizzes are great, especially being able to set Accommodations once and have that apply to all quizzes/exams for a student.

The deal-breaker for me is the limited information in the Quiz (Activity) Log. I'm sticking with Classic Quizzes until Canvas updates the Quiz Log feature to allow us to see when a student leaves the Canvas quiz-taking page. I'll skip all the other bells and whistles until this gets fixed - hopefully before 2024...

srico
Community Member

New Quizzes needs a feature that Classic Quizzes already has:  New Quizzes needs to show when students navigate away from the quiz being taken!  There is a Modify button, and there is a View Log button, but there is NO WAY to see if a student has navigated away from the quiz!  (This feature is available in Classic quizzes.). 

Please fix this!  I need the help!

TRACEYMCGILLIAN
Community Novice

Teachers are requesting to see if students navigate away from the quiz. They are used to using this feature in Classic Quizzes and are disappointed to lose a feature like this.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme