[New Quizzes] Allow Ability to Change Question Type in New Quizzes

As a teacher, I'd like the ability to change the question type after I have already created the question (like I was able to do with the Classic Quizzes).  For example, after I've created a multiple choice question, but want to change this to a multiple answer question, I could click on a drop down tab next to the question to easily make this adjustment.

Added to Theme

Build dynamic question types Theme Status: Identified

26 Comments
reddicmd
Community Explorer

Not just a nuisance but a very ill-conceived deletion of something that worked well. Please restore the ability to change the quiz type of existing quiz questions now!

kristina_tollef
Community Member

I'm frustrated with SO MANY things in new quizzes and this is top of the list.  SUCH A WASTE OF TIME. please please please fix this.

simone
Community Member

This should be available!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

jgoodDB
Community Member
Problem statement:

Is it possible to create the ability to change question types in quizzes for an existing question or to make the change in the item bank? Example: I have created multiple choice questions but would like to change some to multiple answer questions. Instead of redoing them it would be quicker to change the format & save the new question.

Proposed solution:

Create and option either in a quiz or the item bank to change a question format & either save the new one or just replace the old one, whichever is easier to program.

User role(s):

instructor