New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
NicholasBobbitt
Community Member

Especially since Canvas is supposedly phasing out the classic quizzes, this change needs to be done ASAP. It's by far the worst thing about having to migrate quizzes to the new quiz engine.

CristinaBorisof
Community Member

PLEASE fix this feature!  With a class load of 100+ students, it is impossible for me to scroll through to see who has questions that need my attention!  This is a HUGE inconvenience.

dad2Ella
Community Novice

I have used Canvas before and when students submit an assignment or quiz, it's always been on the right hand side in my To-Do List and I could click on it and then click Speed Grader and go and it was very effective. It is no longer that way in my new courses and grading has been really difficult! I need my submitted assignment and quizzes to show up in my To-Do List for me to grade!

TheresaBradford
Community Novice

Can we please get a notification when a (New) Quiz is submitted by a student? Pretty please??

TheresaBradford
Community Novice

Can we please get notified when a student submits a (New) Quiz? 

brp336
Community Member

Please fix this problem ASAP.  It is very difficult to keep accurate records when you have 200+ students.  I can't believe it has not already been fixed.  I'm going to have to go back to the classic quizzes until it is fixed.

lshulman
Community Participant

I don't see where to add my "up" vote for this but YES! I too see this as an issue. 
I am using a "New Quiz" as a survey with open ended (essay) questions students respond to. Since this is just a survey, I have it "graded" as "complete/incomplete". Not only does the submitted quiz NOT show up on my "to do" list as "waiting to be graded" the "grade" shows in the gradebook as an X (incomplete) and thus INDISTINGUISHABLE from an "X" due to being "missing" (not done by the due date). 

These new quizzes "waiting to be graded" should appear with the proper icon, just as the old quizzes do. and thus also show on our "to do" list.

I just caught (by accident) such a completed quiz that a student submitted more than TWO WEEKS AGO and I should have been able to find it sooner to provide feedback in a more timely manner.

MRedelfs
Community Member

New Quizzes is essentially unusable for teachers without this feature. Why can other LTI integrations support To-Do Lists and 'pending' icons for in the gradebook, but New Quizzes cannot?

This has been a massive oversight for two years now.

TheresaHuff
Community Explorer

I will add my voice to this request. Many in my institution are wasting a lot of time looking for assignments that are as yet ungraded, when a simple addition to the "To Do" tab would make them more efficient and able to give timely feedback to their students. Please enable New Quizzes to show up in instructors' To Do list asap. 

GailBallard
Community Novice

An engaged educator understands student learning (and retention of the skill/information/practice) improves with timely feedback on assignments.  Please add this feature (New Quizzes submissions appearing on instructor To Do List) to Canvas!