[New Quizzes] Rich Content Editor (RCE) for Matching Question Types

The Rich Content Editor (RCE) is available to use in *most* quiz question types, but not Matching questions. A lot of our instructors would like to use images, or bold/italicize text, or use other options in quiz answers, and without the RCE they are not able to do that. It needs to be available to use in ALL quiz questions types.

As an example, some of our IT instructors would like to be able to use Matching questions, and have students match an icon with a term/definition. Without being able to use the RCE for the answer spaces, this is not possible.

Please consider making the RCE available for ALL quiz question types.

Added to Theme

Build dynamic question types Theme Status: Identified

88 Comments
ejackson
Community Champion
Author

Oh, that's cute!  🙂

pmcadami
Community Novice

This improvement,if possible, would seem to be a nice option when creating a test.

cmerli
Community Novice

I agree that we should have the same ability in matching questions as in other question types.

ksterlin
Community Novice

This is a good feature for a variety of subjects.  Thank you for making this option available.

LisaCasto
Community Novice

This has come up with us, as we have 600 secondary teachers using Canvas, so we should have lots of votes!  Perhaps you have already discovered this option to help . .  .

Example for Matching with SuperandSubScript.jpg

ejackson
Community Champion
Author

Yes, I have seen that workaround, and have used it. But a lot of my faculty really like the regular Matching format, and it is what they were used to using in our previous two LMS programs. If WebCT and Angel could support it, I feel Canvas should be able to also. Smiley Happy

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello, Canvas Family!

The RCE should be better integrated into the quizzes experience. We are exploring a series of extensive improvements to the quizzes toolset. I know we won't be able to deploy this idea in the next six months; however, be assured we've listened and will add this to our set of ideas for improvements to quizzes.

Kind regards,

Jason

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for the exciting news Jason.

Community members can follow the larger project at   Quizzes.Next User Group 

BradMoser
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes! We really need this feature!

eschwartz
Community Novice

Having RCE available for matching questions would be extremely useful in many disciplines but especially in the sciences where identification of non-text material is so important.