[New Quizzes] Tally marks from a quiz with questions aligned to outcomes, so that students' score (not mastery average) for each outcome is reported

Problem statement:

Quizzes don't tally the total marks a student achieves against the outcomes questions are aligned to in a quiz. For, example, if we align the questions in our Yearly examination, we align the questions to one of 4 outcomes. We then want to be able to extract that info easily, in an automated manner, into our Sentral markbook

Proposed solution:

We need to be able to set quizzes, align the questions to outcomes, then have the students total mark for each outcome reported - as a raw mark and as a percentage. This then needs to be able to be extracted into Sentral Markbook - the mark for each outcome, not just the total for the exam. This is so that we can track, and report on, student progress in the various knowledge strands within Science. This would inform teaching, reporting and student subject selections moving from Stage 5 into Year 11.

User role(s):

instructor

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @david_ross_smit  -  Are you using Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes? I am asking because the Product Team is only developing new features for New Quizzes at this time. The extra detail will be helpful. Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I hope you are doing well. If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by January 12, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

david_ross_smit
Community Member
Author

Hi Kristin,

Sorry, I tried to reply immediately to the previous message. Not sure what happened 

I am using New Quizzes 

thanks

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New