[New Quizzes] adaptive learning - quiz branching

It would be excellent if the quiz tool enabled branching for adaptive learning. If quizzes were embedded into content then potentially students could be directed to a particular piece of content based on their response to a question.

Comments from Instructure

2022-07-12 -- After reviewing this long-existing idea, the Community Team has determined that this request will remain Open. While it was authored when only Classic Quizzes existed, the idea can be applied to New Quizzes as well. Ultimately, this will reduce the number of duplicated Idea requests and allow the conversation and collaboration to exist in a single space. 

Added to Theme

Expand options for quiz formats Theme Status: Identified

34 Comments
SharonTSS
Community Member

Agreed that this would be a super helpful feature to create personalized learning paths for students. Mastery Paths is too cumbersome to allow this for just a quick choice or two, and it's one reason we often end up taking students outside of Canvas to a Google Form.

ShannonW-S
Community Member

I understand the idea of a master path. However, what I would like to see is branch answering within a question. 

For example, if we are asking if the statement is yes/no, but if they choose no, then the next subset of possible answers pops up with reasons why the answer was no.

In my case, I am asking if a check is negotiable. They would click no and then a new set of answers would show the different reasons why it isn't. They would select the reason.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme