[New Quizzes] feature updates

Problem statement:

1. In "moderate," I cannot unlock a quiz for an individual student. 2. I cannot edit an assignment after anyone has turned it in -- instead I would have to make a copy of the assignment. 3. When using sorting questions, it doesn't seem like partial credit is possible. I can have a student sort 11 out of 12 things correctly, but still get 0 points on that item. 4. I cannot automatically give a completion grade with New Quizzes.

Proposed solution:

1. I would use that if a kid needs to have access to an assignment early (maybe they're going on vacation), or if a student was absent and needs to make up a test after I have it locked. I was able to do that in Classic Quizzes. 2. The ability to edit is really helpful for things like typos or catching something in the instructions that could be improved. When new content is written, it is inevitable that there will be something that is caught during the first couple of classes, and being able to make changes on the fly is essential. I was able to do that in Classic Quizzes. 3. Adding a partial credit option would be very helpful. 4. Classic Quizzes have the "graded survey" option that allows credit to be given for anyone who completes the assignment. That saves a lot of time and is adequate for some assignments.

User role(s):

admin,instructor

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Hi @ErinWhittington -

Thank you for taking the time to share these ideas with the Instructure Community. Your post is being moved to our Will Not Consider status because it includes multiple requests. What are the guidelines for submitting a new idea? 

You're welcome to separate these into individual threads! Please search Ideas & Themes before doing so to avoid duplicates. That helps us review new ideas and get the ideas to our Product Team members more quickly. Thank you!