[New Quizzes] working with feedback in question banks

Problem statement:

As I continue to develop my courses, I'm using question banks more and more. There are lots of issues with the functionality of these, but I'll focus on one here: the feedback box, which is practically unusable because it's hidden behind the pane that we're forced to use for question bank editing. (Come on, full screen view!) So, here's the process I've used. 1) Write a question, with feedback, in a quiz. 2) Add question to a bank. 3) Duplicate the question in the bank because I want another question like that one in the bank. 4) Edit the question to change the content, while keeping the structure the same. 5) Get the feedback portion and hope that there's nothing very important happening behind the immobile question bank pane that obscures the right side of the feedback box. I'll add a screenshot in the comments.

Proposed solution:

Make the feedback box completely visible, not tucked behind the question bank pane, when editing feedback in a banked question.

User role(s):

instructor

6 Comments
ellisonl15
Community Participant

The screenshot shows how the feedback box is obscured by the static question bank panel. I have to close the question bank panel to hit "done" to save the new feedback, but closing the bank panel means that I can't save the question with its feedback. So, I'll have to add all the questions to the quiz, then add them, one by one, to the bank, opening each of them and going through a series of clicks to add them to the bank. Very frustration. So much clicking. Canvas programmers must be the most click-loving programmers out there. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 2.50.50 PM.png

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ellisonl15
Community Participant

I used the feedback in a bank yesterday and the feedback box opened on top of the bank panel. Did the programmers fix this shortly after my initial post? 

ellisonl15
Community Participant

Just used feedback in a bank again, hoping my experience Saturday would still be true, but no. The feedback box is hidden behind the bank. Very strange. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme