Office 365 Integration

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

If Microsoft Office 365 was an integrated web service, these two features could be implemented:

1. Homework submissions from Office 365's OneDrive
  2. Collaboration using Office Web Apps - Word

Comments from Instructure...

Canvas Release: Microsoft Office 365 LTI

54 Comments
GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

Cheers mark. Didn't realize it was a link, d'oh.

For my school we are desperate to have some sort of viewer to show office files online and then the ability to do online editing.

sounds exciting.

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

That was a good session, but now that I'm at my computer I cannot figure out how to set up the integration.  I'm hoping that there will be some sort of official follow up??

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

Rob Gibson replied to a post I made where he suggested getting in touch with your CSM as it is in beta. Give it a go and let the rest of us know...

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good suggestion.  I just sent he a message.

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

I am now taking part in the closed beta trial/test for Office365. Contact your CSM for details of how to get involved. If anyone would like updates I am happy to share my 'journey' from my course if you get in touch.

Eric_Roussel
Community Novice

Sounds exciting. Count me in. I integrated OneNote this week and it shows great promise.

Eric

Sent from my iPad

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

Eric, I will share with you some findings once others get involved in the course. I only have our own O365 to compare with as yet and not sure if some of the issues raised are linked to our Office365 setup or the integration with Canvas.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

For anyone wanting to learn more about the Canvas-Office365 integration, be sure to RSVP to the next installment in the CanvasLIVE series on Office365: O365 LTI Series: Canvas + Microsoft in the Clouds, which is coming up this Friday, February 10, 2017. RSVP “yes” if you will be there--and if you’re interested, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend in real time, RSVP "no" or "maybe" to receive all event updates. Your RSVP ensures that you will receive a notification should the event be cancelled or changed.

janderson11
Community Novice

does adding the Canvas App as a trusted application in Azure Console fix the student authentication issue you are speaking of ?

janderson11
Community Novice

how did you get the Office365 configured after it was installed ? Sure seems direct and easy to install ... a Consumer key was auto populated in the External App configurations, perhaps is there a guide or resource to walk through usage of the https://office365-iad-prod.instructure.com/lti_credentials  ? maybe theres something I need to add in the Office365 admin console ?  thx  when we try acessing the installed app in a course we simply only see an error LTI PROD not permitted https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGKLT_2WAAAYmu6.jpg:large