Override final grade

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be convenient if instructors could override the calculated final grade. Many faculty use the gradebook export to send grades to the student information system and there are sometimes factors in determining a final grade that are based on the discretion of the instructor.

This idea has been added to our product plan for Q1 2019 and will influence development within Canvas. To find more information about this idea’s related priority, please follow Priority: Gradebook Enhancements

:smileyinfo: Adding this idea to our product plan means we will be working on it, but it does not guarantee that it will be developed exactly as defined by the idea, or that it will be added to the production environment.

Read more about the feature idea process:

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-02-16) .

104 Comments
hesspe
Community Champion

@Renee_Carney ‌   I think I know the answer to the question I'm about to ask, but a faculty member here doubts my explanation, so I am submitting the question here.  The instructor would like me to submit a feature request to have the override column display both a percentage and a letter grade simultaneously (assuming there is a grading scheme active).  I don't think that canbe done without adding another column to the gradebook to hold the calculation - but maybe I'm wrong (been known to happen).  If I don't get a response, I'll just add it as a feature request and see what results.  Thanks.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed