Printable / PDF-exportable quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

As an instructor, I want to be able to export a Canvas quiz as a PDF. This would enable me to easily print quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, etc.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Pacific Union College admins

Special thanks for contributions from: Betsy Walker, John Louviere

Community Team Note: This idea remains open for voting. A virtually identical idea was moved forward for consideration in March: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents  Contrary to our customary practice, we are allowing both ideas to continue to move forward. Votes and feedback from both ideas will be evaluated.

341 Comments
lisa_ward1
Community Novice

I would like to see this function available for faculty. 

LisaSmiley Happy

caottinger
Community Novice

One thing I would like to be able to do is to print completed quizzes.  In my class I need to be able to keep copies of certain quizzes for reporting purposes and I have to keep them for 5 years.  It is a state thing and I have just today realized that I cannot do this.  As much as I want to be all digital this year I believe I may have to break down and do print versions to keep for my records.  Being able to save them as a PDF would serve the same purpose but it would have to be one for each student after they have completed it.

caottinger
Community Novice

Having a copy of completed quizzes is a feature that I really need to have developed.

cwendt
Community Champion

For me, having a sampling would *not* be very much help. I use Canvas to create practice quizzes in which the questions are similar—not identical to—the test questions. I want them to practice for the test in the same "environment" in which the test will be administered, which is on Canvas . . . so we practice on Canvas and I don't need a paper sample.

What I would like is an IDENTICAL paper copy to use for students who have IEPs and need accommodations. In addition, I have students who need to have their tests read to them. If the test reader had a paper copy, that would make things more comfortable.

I hope that this late answer is still useful, Deactivated user​!

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Printing in Canvas makes my heart sing!  I really like the direction this conversation is taking.  I think we can the opportunity to solve many issues by solving the issue of printing a quiz in Canvas.  We are actively investigating a solution to meet these needs for a future release.  The release is a bit further out than six months. For now, we should archive this conversation; however, Deactivated user​ and I will continue to update as we progress on some ideas.

Kind regards,

Jason

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you all for the great conversation.  I am going to archive this idea for now.  It will reopen in the appropriate stage when the project begins.  Please follow and bookmark this idea to receive updates as they are available.

cwendt
Community Champion

It makes my heart sing, too! As far as we are into the age of computers, there still exists the need for something like this. Thank you, gracias, obrigada, merçi and Спасибо, Canvas!

jtrattner
Community Novice

Is there an update on this?  Would love to see this soon!

lbrem
Community Novice

Yes, we've been getting questions about this as well.  Any update?

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello team,

Thank you for the continued interest. As mentioned in my last comment, we are actively investigating approaches for this issue; however, any delivery of this feature would be more than 6 months out.  As we plan the future roadmap for 2016, we will share more. We want to make sure we do it right.

Thank you,

Jason