[SpeedGrader] Allow students to annotate using touchscreens (Chromebook)

I love the new student annotation feature, however the students are only able to annotate using the keyboard and mouse/touchpad. We would love for students to be able to use their finger to draw on the screen for annotations. For use cases like making quick sketches or graphs. Right now, using your finger will just make the page scroll up and down instead of allowing for use of the annotation tools.

17 Comments
bludlow
Community Explorer

Wondering if there is any progress on this request.  I am somewhat in shock that this was not one of the original features of student annotations.

JohnnyCrenshaw
Community Novice

This would be so helpful!

jdabb
Community Member

Very helpful for elementary (or any) school.

mahein
Community Member

This is something my 6th graders who used Kami  external tool last year complain about daily. It would be a game changer to be able to use touch screen to complete student annotation files.

LuisFernandez80
Community Member

Yes, this would be helpful for all users in all levels. I see that this thread has be here for a while, but still no update for true touchscreen capability? 😥 This would be awesome if students could actually annotate on the screen. Most other applications (local, online) you are able to use the touchscreens on devices to draw / write / sketch / make up, etc.  Please add this function.

MrsGuardabascio
Community Member

This would also be amazing in the Speedgrader option for teachers!  Please consider a tool that allows me to "write" (annotate using a stylus) comments on student documents rather than using the mouse to underline, circle, etc. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme