[Studio] Ability to sort/search video list when trying to move a video to a Collection

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Studio

When trying to "move" a Studio video into a collection, there is no way to sort or search the list that comes up. The list contains every course the person is in and all of their collections. The issue is that for some people, this list is VERY long and the inability to sort or search makes it basically unusable. This means no way to sort videos into collections.

As a user case, my college has been using Studio (aka Arc) since early 2018. Because of this, it’s not unreasonable to think that if each instructor teaches 10+ courses a year (which would be a minimum for a lot of faculty) and you multiply it by 4 years that the majority of my faculty would have a list of courses alone that would be 40+ long and this doesn't include all of their collections that would also be included in the list. 

For me personally, as an Admin (and someone who teaches), my list is crazy long and it takes forever to search through in order to try and find and organize a video that isn't in a collection. 

It would be AMAZING and wonderful if Studio users were able to sort and/or search through the list that populates when users try to move an unsorted Studio video into a collection. 

Added to Theme

Add or improve search functionality Theme Status: Identified

Canvas Ideas Featured in 2023 Releases Theme Status: Delivered

13 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Studio Release Notes (2023-09-11)