[Studio] Enabling Studio for Students to Access Course Videos

With 100% remote teaching during the COVID pandemic, I and my colleagues are blending synchronous and asynchronous content. We are creating quite a few videos that we house in Studio and embed into Canvas modules in our courses. We find that students want to access a the repository of videos for their courses. They want a repository of videos in one place, without needing to remember which module contained the particular video of interest. I have done a workaround by creating a new module to house just the videos, and then embedding each video in the Module, a time-consuming process.

As a teacher in Studio, I can create Collections and view the videos all in one place, but students currently cannot access the videos housed in Studio. Can Studio and Canvas be updated to allow students to access designated Collections (or videos that have been embedded in the student's particular course)? For example, in an ordinary Canvas course, we can enable students to use Files to individually see folders and files outside of a particular module. It would be very helpful to teachers and students to have similar functionality for videos. Thank you for your consideration.

Added to Theme

Additional enhancements for Studio Theme Status: Identified

12 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme