'Submit & Publish' Button

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas  Learn more about voting...
  Idea will be open for vote May 5 - August 5 Learn more about voting...

We would like to see a 'Submit and Publish' button in two places:  a)  In the dialog box where you add an assignment via the calendar and b) at the bottom of the full Assignment creation page.  As it is, the quick-entry screen used to enter an assignment in the calendar is a bit of a booby trap since a teacher may believe an assignment has been published at that point.  The other place where this button would be helpful is at the bottom of an assignments page.  This button would be in addition to a Save button.

Originally posted by Kevin Eaton

7 Comments
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Looks like at least part of this request will be coming very soon.  The beta release notes were just published, and a "Save & Publish" button is coming to many areas of Canvas.  Canvas Beta Release Notes (2015-05-04)

kona
Community Champion

Yay! I was pretty impressed with all the areas it's coming to!

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

I just checked in my test instance in prod and confirmed that you can now set an assignment to publish both from the full assignment creation screen and when creating a new assignment via the calendar: 2015-05-17_2158 - Scott.Dennis's library

Base on that, I am moving this idea to the done category.

CommunityTeam
Community Novice
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL