A student transfers classes, how do I get assignments that he completed transferred with him?

Jump to solution
RickDunn
Community Member

A student had his schedule changed and he moved from my 1st period class to my 8th period and none of his work transferred with him.  How do I get his work he completed in 1st period?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello Rick,

First of all, student work, participation, submissions, etc. is attached to their enrollment in a particular course section, and does not transfer from one course to another.  The only thing you can really do is manually copy their grades over from the old course to the new course.

Depending on how your school manages drops, his dropped enrollment in your 1st period class may be marked "inactive", or it may be marked as "deleted".  If it's "inactive", you still see him under "People" with an "Inactive" label next to his name.  In that situation, you can click on his name and select "Grades" from his student card to see his grades.

If his enrollment has been marked "deleted", he will no longer show up under "People" at all, and you'll have to get Canvas support at your school to restore the enrollment so that you can retrieve  his grades from the old section.

View solution in original post