Setting the Primary/Default Display Screen in Kaltura

Jump to solution
currie_s
Community Novice

In my Kaltura video recordings, the camera screen (i.e., me) always defaults to being the primary screen.  How do I change the video settings so that the presentation screen (i.e., PowerPoint) is saved as the primary screen and my camera screen is the minimized/secondary screen? 

I know the video screen can be switched via the white toggle icons while watching it, but I'd like to be able to set the default main screen so that students don't have to toggle the settings for every video. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @currie_s,

While Kaltura is not an Instructure product, there are quite a few Canvas schools/institutions that use it too, mine included.  Unfortunately, this is not something you can control as a normal user.  Your Kaltura admins can set a global default in what's called the KMC for each video player though.  If you can speak to them, maybe they don't know about this option, or maybe they've chosen the config they have right now for a reason.  I can tell you that our config generally makes the screen the biggest video and put the webcam in a smaller window by default for videos created with Kaltura Capture, so it's definitely doable if this doesn't conflict with other things at your school/institution.

I hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post