Adding a new student to list of students to send assignments

Jump to solution
DorineBethea
Community Member

How do I add a new student on my roster to the list of students that shows up under assignments?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@DorineBethea ...

Any students in your course are normally added through the "People" page.  However, many schools do not let their faculty/instructors add students to courses on their own.  Rather, students are added automatically (for example, SIS import).  So, if you are not able to add students to your course, you'll need to talk with your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department to see how you can get a student added to your course.  I found this link on Howard University's website that might have some helpful information for you: Help with Canvas | Howard University Provost's Office.  I would suggest using the information under either "INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT" or "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" ... as the information under "24/7 INSTRUCTURE LIVE SUPPORT & ONLINE DOCUMENTATION" would go directly to the Canvas Help Desk staff, and they may not be able to help you directly with enrollment issues at Howard University.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes