Allow Canvas access to my microphone & webcam

Jump to solution
LCG_OSU
Community Member

I would like to record an audio message to accompany an Inbox message in Canvas. When Canvas asked for access to my webcam I said No (block) because I only wanted audio. Now I cannot record anything at all because I get a mesage that says "Please allow Canvas access to your microphone and webcam." How do I do that? There are no instructions & have have looked at my Canvas settings and do not see a way to address this issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @LCG_OSU ...

Your Canvas settings isn't the place to be looking for these options.  Rather, you should be able to change these settings in your web browser.  For example, in my Microsoft Edge browser, I can go to my "Settings" screen and then select the "Cookies and site permissions" option.  Under the "All permissions" section, there are options for "Camera" and "Microphone".

EdgeSettings.png

There would be similar settings for Chrome and Firefox.  I found a couple websites for you that might help...but keep in mind these directions might vary slightly...

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes