Allow students to edit submitted assignments?

Jump to solution
cally_trosclair
Community Novice

I am grading student submissions, and for some of them, I would like to allow students to read my comments and revise their submissions. However, I cannot figure out how to allow students to do this. Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thank you.

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @cally_trosclair ‌

Students can submit, resubmit, and resubmit again and again and again to an assignment.

Once a student does resubmit, they are not longer able to view previous submission, but you as a teacher can using the submission drop-down in SpeedGrader.  This is very handy for assignments as you have described. I know of teachers who use it for three or more stages of essay writing (outline, draft, final etc.), and who use grading rubrics with criterion sections for each stage.

You can learn more about viewing prior submissions to the same assignment at:https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13088-415255024 

You can control when you want to stop them from submitting again using the available until date. So as long as you have the assignment available to the students, they can continue to submit.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post