cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilyesmar

Annotations in Speedgrader

Jump to solution

I like using free draw annotations in Speedgrader to mark up problems when grading work in physics.  For the first few annotations I make, the annotations respond very quickly to my stylus and I'm able to write naturally.  However, the more I write, the slower it gets, to the point where I need to hold my stylus to the screen for long periods of time to make a single letter.  Has anyone else experienced this issue, and it there a workaround?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ilyesmar,

I haven't heard of this issue, but as @rgomezmo suggested it could be a Canvas or Apple issue. I would suggest your report this to your tech support so they can create a Canvas Support ticket. You can also Report an Issue under the Help section of the Canvas Teacher app. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rgomezmo

My IPad jumps to the future in a magnitude of hundreds. I think this is an unresolved issue of Apple. Sorry. 

0 Kudos
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ilyesmar,

I haven't heard of this issue, but as @rgomezmo suggested it could be a Canvas or Apple issue. I would suggest your report this to your tech support so they can create a Canvas Support ticket. You can also Report an Issue under the Help section of the Canvas Teacher app. 

ElisaBarneySmit
Community Member

I think your problem is that these comments all become one large comment unless you click the checkbox after every few words. Then it has many stroke points in its buffer, and that is what you are observing. Click that checkbox, close the annotation and start another frequently. That problem I figured out after too much time struggling today. Maybe this can help you if you didn't figure it out in the past year.

I have a Surface Pro. Technically you can annotate with a stylus, but in reality it shows Canvas has miserable technology. Our university just switched from BlackBoard to Canvas. It took BlackBoard too long to give stylus support, but they finally had it. Now I'm back to practically inoperable pen input. Grading 2 page reports is taking me FOREVER and my writing looks like a kindergardner's, even when I write V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y. Pen input is not a new computer technology. You know that teachers and professors will be doing grading of essays. Why do you have a pen icon if you didn't expect it? Making a transition from one platform to another is difficult enough. Now this just another insult. I am not impressed and am incredibly frustrated. 

0 Kudos