Anyone else irritated by Canvas Survey?

Jump to solution
CC19
Community Explorer

I saw a banner to participate in a short Canvas Survey: Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 6.11.38 PM.pngSo, I thought "Sure, yes, Canvas! Finally, I have so much feedback to give! Let's make this a better LMS!"

And then I took the survey, it asked me to rate how much I trusted Canvas on a Likert type scale. And then it asked me "What do you like about Canvas" which I answered. And then the survey was over. 

Umm...wait just a minute. I would like to provide meaningful feedback, Canvas. Instead I wasted my time to contribute to a survey where no negative feedback could be provided. There was nothing at the end of the survey to follow up or add additional comments. I am really disappointed in Canvas. 

If you see this notification to take a survey, just note that your only opportunity to provide feedback will be a question that manipulates you into only providing positive feedback. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @CC19 -

I'm sorry that you're frustrated with the survey process.

What I understand is that if you provide a low rating to the initial question, you're encouraged to provide feedback that would increase your rating in the future. If you provide a high rating, you're encouraged to share how/why things are going well. I feel that Instructure does not have a reason to manipulate survey responses. The company needs to know what people like about the products and services and what they don't. 🙂

If you're curious to learn more about the survey itself, how it's built, and how it's analyzed, please read Canvas Wants to Know What You Think | Survey

View solution in original post

Hi @YoshieRosales,

I'm not sure if you meant to post this in a class discussion or something, but you've posted it as a reply to another post here in the global Canvas Community. It doesn't quite seem like this is a response to the original post, so I thought I'd let you know you may have posted in the wrong location.  Apologies if I have somehow misinterpreted your intent.

-Chris

View solution in original post