Assign different points for different questions in New Quizzes?

Jump to solution
t_l_sagrillo
Community Member

I am trying to make a "New Quiz." Most of the questions are worth 1 point and are straight forward multiple choice, true/false, etc. where there is only one answer. However, I have some questions that have multiple parts to them, such as fill-in-the-blank with 3+ blanks. I would like to give more than 1 point for the question (essentially 1 point for each correct answer within that particular question).

I have not been able to see any place to set the number of possible points for individual questions. Is this possible?

I should point out that I am using a question bank, and there does not seem to be any area to specify the possible points per question there either.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Steph_T
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello! @t_l_sagrillo 

Yes! You can change the point value of questions in New Quizzes. When editing the question, it should be an option on the bottom left hand side of the edit box. 

Our guide for How do I create a Multiple Choice question in New Quizzes?, under "Vary Points by Answer" will show you the options available. Assigning points should be visible for almost any question type. I hope this information is helpful! 

Please don't hesitate to reach back out with any other questions or concerns! 

View solution in original post