Assignment Group Weights by Class Group

Jump to solution
slavrenz
Community Explorer

I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the assignment group weightings, based on the class groups. I am currently teaching a class with two different sections - one for senior undergraduates, and one for master's students. The lectures are taught simultaneously, so I've got one "class" on Canvas, with two different class groups - one for the undergrad section, one for the graduate student section. The graduate students have some additional assignments from the undergrads, so I need to weight their assignment groups differently.

It seems that Canvas will only let you assign one set of assignment weights for the entire class...is that right? Or is there a way I can do different weightings by class section/group?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @slavrenz ...

I am sorry to see that your question hasn't had a response since you first posted your question back in early September 2020.  Unfortunately, I don't think you can do what you are asking.  I tested this in my own sandbox course where I had two "Sections" that I had created via my course "Settings" >> "Sections" tab.  I then went to my "Assignments" index page to configure my Assignment Groups.  I couldn't find any options to set one set of weights for the first section compared to the second section.  It seems that you can only set weights for the class as a whole.

I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes